jeudi, juin 22, 2006

Defeat




Defeat, you are the continuation of my education. Defeat, you are the supple contortionist, bending the wishbone of pretension and self-importance. You are complete. You alienate completely. Suffocate, precisely. I love your tender trickery; your soft kneading of my ego, followed-up by a fatal blow to the soul.

Defeat, I choose you. Not the other way around. I choose you like I choose a lover: for brevity and certain disappointment. Perphaps, dare I say it, for endurance. For the catnip intoxication of victimhood. You bond, I break. I break in defeat. If that is the only break afforded to you in life, wouldn't you wrap your arms around Defeat too?

4 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Choose love Beast! Grow from love!
Just kidding defeat is so much sexier, so much more alive!
Very well written. A joy as always.

Sincerely,
PS

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Silvia E Manrique said...

I'm sure I would marry defeat if it would let me.

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Don’t succumb to or pick defeat. Let go of it all and do what you want. Pursue the job and the education that want. When you all allow defeat to envelop you it all ends.

M

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Wow, just read this again. Even more powerful now, especially since defeat is a bedfellow of mine as well. Peace be with you, yada yada, find that photo!

Love,

PS

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home