Astral Projections

The umbilical cord snapped and Dorothy found herself reeling headlong into oblivion. Fascinated. Perplexed. Exhilarated. Frightened. She allows herself to be pulled forward. The same dream has repeated itself before: She's standing at the edge of a building, she topples over, tumbling L-shaped into nothing. She anticipates the thump, the soft splatter of flesh melting with concrete. Yet she offers no resistance this time. She goes towards completion. Her heart like a caged canary is pushing down against her rib cage. She keeps going. She doesn't wake up. And suddenly......the climax becomes the anticlimax; the downward plunge becomes the upward swoop. The expected impact gives way to stillness. She's at peace. She's floating. All the colors are saturated at the corner of her eyes. In front of her, only liquid black. Down below, the continents are tantalizingly spread like jam on toast.
As the light filters through her eyelashes, she rolls over to her side and wonders about the other transcendental tourists, who embarked on the same journey last night. She wonders why she didn't book her tickets sooner.


7 Comments:
Bio Chemists drive me wild
I don’t know if I’m welcome here but for what it’s worth you have some great points. Sometimes situations are not always what they seem. Often times situations that seem to pull us down are in fact uplifting experiences. I think when we first step out into the world it’s hard and we often feel lost, exhilarated, and even curious because these experiences are so foreign and out of our comfort zone. I also really enjoy the dream commentary as well. When we dream we are forced to face and experience something other than the tangible. Having the ability to experience something in a visceral sense is amazing. Perhaps I’m reading way too much into this, but then again I might not. I’m sorry if I intruded but I liked the entry. I skimmed your blog and I also enjoyed the dream keeper entry.
MA
First time visitors are welcome :). Thanks for the feedback Mary Alice. I find all sorts of feedback from people whether good or bad valuble. Thanks for taking the time to comment, it means a lot.
By the way, I won't eat you. Lately, I've been a moody crocodile who doesn't find human flesh agreeable anymore.
It’s good to hear that I’m welcome. By the way my blog address is www.lostwithoutcomprehension.blogspot.com. If you ever want to drop by and leave a comment that would be very appreciated.
MA
I very much appreciated your comment. Thank you. Actually, Alceo is one of my grandfather’s brother’s names. I’m Spanish and we have such great names in my family. Well, I’m mostly Spanish my Fathers Father is Welsh. Unfortunately, I got stuck with an American name. My parents gave me an American name because they wanted me to fit in and they didn’t want people butchering my name. Ironically, people mispronounce my name all the time. Scroll down to read my most recent stuff. Oh the blog wouldn’t let me post one of my poems in the format that I had intended. I’ll repost post that poem below that post. I’ll also post some of my old writings as well. I also explained my old writings in a recent post.
MA
I'll miss your bottom
Thanks! I'll make sure to pack my sunscreen. So should I reach for SPF 15 or 3O?
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home