Trouble & Wolf
*Made a fanastic musical discovery--Ray LaMontagne's album TROUBLE
Currently I'm Listening To Ray LaMontagne's All The Wild Horses:
All The Wild Horses
All the wild horses
All the wild horses
Tethered with tears in their eyes
May no man's touch ever tame
May no man's reigns ever chain you
And may no man's weight ever defray your soul
And as for the clouds
Just let them roll
Roll away Roll away
As for the clouds
Just let them roll
Roll away Roll away
Currently Reading Hermann Hesse's STEPPENWOLF:
" A wild longing for strong emotions and sensations seethes in me, a rage against this toneless, flat, normal and sterile life. I have a mad impulse to smash something, a warehouse, perhaps, or a cathedral, or myself......For what I always hated and detested and cursed above all things was this contentment, this healthiness and comfort, this carefully preserved optimism of the middle classes, this fat and prosperous brood of mediocrity."
I love how I can go to a bookstore and unknowingly pick out a book that oddly seems to reflect the mood I'm in at that very moment. Steppenwolf is currently the flavor of my life. Happenstance? I doubt it. This strange habit of mine has convinced me that the universe is more orderly than it is random. As you can see, my Ego makes huge assumptions and then accepts them with out proof: empirical or otherwise.



8 Comments:
Ha! I can never find a book I'm in the mood for, so what does that mean? I'm never satisfied? Probably....
I have to have no particular preference, then I inadvertantly find a great book...
Thank you for introducing me to Ray LaMontagne. Turns out, he'll be in Atlanta on the tenth of december at The Tabernacle, a super awesome venue. Come on! Let's go!
Southern: the key to life is "never to be satisfied" once you're satisfied you can then sell your soul to the Republican party.
Fritz: I'm sooooooooooo jealous. He has this amazing singing voice!!!
He was living in a cabin in the woods in Maine with his wife and kids with no electricity just a few years ago. He used to work as a shoe stitcher in a factory.
i've neverr had sex with him though
"I've never had sex with him though"
*Beast raises an eyebrow in suspision*
You said you heard him play, is he pretty well known around Maine?
People love him here.
Hmmm. I'll have to check him out.
I'm reading Reefer Madness by Eric Schlosser. It's about underground porn, weed and immigrant employment economies. It's very good. I'd suggest it to almost anyone (except those pesky conservative republicans.)
Shalimar the Clown by Salmon Rushdie(Did I spell it right Beast?) is on my night table it is the cats pajamas! Reefer Madness sounds like something I could get into. Reading is something I could do forever and ever after.
Peace,
Princess Shark
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home