Young Hearts Gray When Tamed

I remember childhood being a glorious time: a time spent sitting by the window dreaming and extending the soul in all directions; a time when my mind and soul had not yet been worked over by cynics like chiropractors with crooked knuckles and cold hands.
Now the child has turned into the cynic. Dreams flattened. Ambitions arthritic. Heart as punishing as a fist: I have stopped sitting by the window. And when I catch myself dreaming, I am almost always saddened. Dreaming now represents halted aspirations and failed first attempts. I'm spread thin. Time ticks away. And a voice says stop dreaming, start doing. Yet I cannot began and thus I cannot finish. Dreaming is too painful. I long for an escape.
"a prayer for the wild of heart that are kept in cages"--Tennessee Williams


2 Comments:
Childhood was magical, ahh as a young creature of the deep I can remember holidays spent frolicking in the cool crisp pacific. Seems like only yesterday.
Beast there is much to look forward to, I promise! We will make it I just know it. To be an animal is to struggle. You and I have teeth, big ones and in this world that is still worthy of some respect. By using our teeth gently and effectively we can be the hand that rocks the cradle and get back into the window seat.
peace,
Princess Shark
Ah, its you. Oh princess shark, I'm going to take 3 days off, maybe a whole day off and away from the computer tomorrow to rest my eyes and brain. Eyes are a little bloodshot. About the review, things will be tweeked. I just hate when I end up sounding like Clement Greenberg.
I am dreaming of lamb kabob right now. I am off to Saca's to get some yummy grub.
Oh, I have to make Moroccan lamb with prunes and apricots for you some time. We should have a dinner party.
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home