samedi, septembre 24, 2005

Something To Ponder . . .

This post is going to be brief, as I have some work to finish.
With the country in the quagmire that it is in and with the Republican Fort firmly secure and impregnable to any outside forces, opinions, or objections I got to thinking about what one Republican of Yore once said:

"When the government fears the people you have liberty; when the people fear the government you have tyranny."

Republican of Yore, you ask? Yours truly: Thomas Jefferson. Besides being the original baby daddy of them all, the guy did have an uncanny eye for the future of American politics.

Do I fear the government? You betcha! However, what I fear most are the repercussions down the road, say five years from now.

I believe Bushy has paved the road to nuclear annihilation. Countries that had once abandoned their nuclear programs are scrabbling to revive them. Why? Because who really wants to be treated like America's bitch. Other than, Tony Blair, I can't think of anybody who does. Superpower. Number One. Common, what country wants to play the second violin. Everybody wants to be first, the best. And a nuclear arsenal gives a country huge bargaining potential. It distinguishes you as world player.

5 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

Sign me up for all your lists!

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Superbad,superpower we are so supersized in the belief that we are unstopable. We can pick fights with other countries for looking at us cross eyed or having oil that we need for our coffers. But we are special, we do not need to abide by pollution regulations, no need for us to clip are nuclear tail, trim our military feathers.
If Karl Rove has his way the beast will be starved to death and we will usher ourselves into the past were fear of fear will crush us.
I am just a shark, but I know this much, running a country involves keeping the budget in check, and this administration has failed horrifically.
Beast, Monkey, HRH HP, I think that I should run for president, because frankly I think I can handle the job and balance the budget and get the globe to see us in a more favorable light.
Do I have your vote?

Princess Shark

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

princess shark-- you have my vote and my life's blood.

Hail to the Chiefess.
Now will you make me the ambassador of France?

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Monkey said...

Oh Beast! You did not know that you are already on those lists? You are. Princess Shark is there too.
It's a veritable zoo I tell you!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

Power to the animals!

Four legs good; two legs bad; one fin and massive jaws good.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home