Lost In Translation: Good Product, Bad Name
I just noticed a little box on the side of my profile that says: user stats. It made me a little spooked and a little excited, well ok, not that spooked because I am a beast. The only time I recall being spooked was when I was walking around Bergdorf Goodmans and Barbara Walters grabbed my tail and announced that she wanted a crocodile handbag made out of me. Now, that was a close call.
Any way, back on topic: the stats read 153 profile views. So basically, 153 people have been lurking around my lair unannounced? Who are you people? And more importantly why haven't you guys posted a mug of yourselves so I can decided if I like you or if I want to eat you. Thus far, I have spared a couple of brave souls: 4 human souls, one monkey soul, and one dragon soul. Beast loves meeting new people and potential victims. Next time you stop by: drop your hat, take a seat, and introduce yourself.
The story I want to write w/you dear reader/readers is on hold until I get enough responses.
Now on to a more light hearted topic:
I love everything Indian. I have more Indian friends than American or European friends. As such, I have been given a most prized title by the Indian community: Honorary Desi. Yes, a rare and coveted title for a European. Even the Queen of England hasn't received such a title. As an honorary Desi, I shop at the local Indian grocery, and I love Indian beauty products. They are cheap, organic, and work better than most American products that I have tried.
I have been using one particular product for over a year now without ever catching the double entendre until today. Judge for yourself:
Beast has promptly discontinued the use of mysore rose. I just can't. I feel too dirty using it. It is a bar of soap, but not one I would recommend washing your mouth out with, not even Eminem's mouth.


2 Comments:
The profile views could be from people checking out your comments. You should get a counter on your blog, so you can see how many people are stopping by.
Honorary Desi? Congratulations. I have friends who live in Pune every other year for research on Jainism. Another friend lives over there somewhere doing research on Sikhism. I don't know why all the people I went to school with ended up India.
I babble today. Glad you stopped using My Sore. Ewww.
This is kind of a late comment, but oooh, tell me more about the products that work better than American ones. In Chicago we have a huge Desi population and I could use some good beauty tips.
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home