mercredi, septembre 21, 2005

This Ain't No Ordinary Love: Imaginary Romances

Attention Ladies: Mr. Darcy is dead; romance is dead, and the urban slob is your romantic future. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! She awakes from the nightmare that has become her reality, the reality that has become her cursed routine. No, Mr. Darcy? she asks, dabbing her fevered forehead with a Kleenex, no Mr. Darcy! I beseech you cruel Sandman of my forlorn dreams, take me far away from this suburban squalor of: manicured lawns, white fences, blue Astro vans, osh kosh bgosh outfitted children, and housewives in Issac Mizrahi cardigans, take me far away...
Her pale lip quivers; her shoulders droop with the weight of 4,000 sumo wrestlers. Pleading eyes turn into watery pools of terror you can drown Ophelia in, she screams: Brett! Ashley! Oh, wait this is not the set of "Gone With The Wind". She gets up from her red couch, pushes aside an old copy of the Vogue, and an even older box of take out Kung Pao chicken, and begins to ponder:

Being a precocious child, one bedazzled by tawdry books like Lolita, it was only natural that my first love, my first infatuation was with a older man, a much older man. A man with a billowy beard, a cucumber shaped nose, and red overalls. No white, black, or Asian guys for me. It had to be blue. Ladies believe me when I say, once you go blue you don't go back. My very first love was Papa Smurf. He was a most affectionate and jolly fellow. We would hold hands and sing: "La, La, La-La,la, sing a happy song along with me,[whistle], la, la, la-la, smurf along with me." It was magnificent!




Papa Smurf


My second love was more enduring, more tempered, more serious. His name was Baron Joseph Vialetes de Mortarieu. Come again! I said: Baron Joseph Vialetes de Mortarieu. Ah, but of course! His sheer majestic countanence was heart stopping. One glimpse of his angelic primrose complexion and my heart was defeated, exiled into contemplative bliss. Wearing a black cocktail dress and pink heels, I collapsed into the docent's arms. He was just a portrait, but my God, what a portrait. What a man! Occasionally, I stop by the Norton Simon museum to rekindle the flames.









Baron Mortarieu




My third love. Well, he is my true love. Writer, war correspondent, restaurant owner, and smoldering daredevil: the one and only Sebastian Junger. I simply call him the "the one". His collection of essays titled "Fire" was scintillating; his book the "The Perfect Storm" was a Moby Dick inspired disaster; it was terrible( Sorry Sebastian. I adore you, but that book is hardly your best effort). And as a woman, I am bestowing him the highest honor by saying that he is the only man I would fuck after the first handshake. No introduction would be necessary: just one cab heading preferably in the direction of the Waldorf Astoria. No Motel 8, please! If I am going to be a whore by golly, I am going to be a classy whore. Sebastian darling, I would love to rip off your clothes, your flesh and even your essence. What can I say, he is literary catnip. Purr. Scratch. Scratch. Purr. And as for the bitches out there staring at his picture and drooling at him: HANDS OFF. I am going to beat your motherfucking asses, chew out your lungs, dig my heels into you eye sockets, and use your rib cages as washing boards for my Versace blouses.
Now, if any of you bitches out there know Sebastian, his doorman, his mother, his brother, his sister, his barber, his tax accountant, or share 15%, hell even 1% of this DNA, or have bumped into him on the street: I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! Yes, you with the ape like expression on your face. Now get back to work bitches. I want numbers, names, and addresses. Me, a stalker? Are you kidding! So what if I am listening to Sting's "Every Breathe You Take" right now. That doesn't make me a stalker.










Sebastian Junger



By: Impeccable Beast

20 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Monkey said...

This was fabulous.

Your Baron is lovely, but the Papa Smurf thing I can't get behind. This guy was one of my first crushes:

Hot monkey love

And now for a rant. Why the hell does everyone think Heathcliff is so wonderful and romantic? He was a dick. An asshat, an ASSCLOWN. I hated him. What's up with that?

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

Your Lads are quite hansome, Monkey. As far as Healthcliff goes, I do agree with you about the "Assclown" thing(great word!Kept me giggling). But hey, women do have a terrible habit of falling for the assholes, "asshats" and such. I think many of us have a sick/twisted desire to be pushed around and told what to do. I am not saying that you Monkey or Beast are in this category, but there are plenty of smart and famous women who fall into this category.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Oh beast, you have such good taste in men. With the exception of Junger, he is just too real for me. My first love was Yogi Bear we broke up because I fell hard for Scooby Doo. And then my heart fluttered for Shaggy, but this was not to be. because I was drawn back the Scooby, his acerbic wit, his masculine yet dandyfied walk all held me in a trance that was unbreakable. Until I met the love of my life, I will tell you about him later.

Princess Shark

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

Howdie Princess Shark,

Pray tell me, who is the love of your life. Pray tell! I am fanning my face with effusive anticipation!

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Ahh Beast, twas along time ago that I turned my back on love. After life in toontown I was involved in bizarre fishing accident( The movie "Splash is based loosely on my life). I am now a shark at night and during the day I am forced to work as a human in the corrupt field of the medical community. The love of my life is a memeber of the cast of Harry Potter and as he just turned of legal age and I am nearing middle life, and am also a shark, I will not mention his name. Suffice is to say that we share a great love of red australian licorice, high thread count sheets, legos and corndogs. Our love spans generations and food chains he is without a doubt my soulmate for the moment.

As always
Princess Shark

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Beast and friends,
I must weigh in on the matter regarding first loves. I would have to say that mine was none other than the Master Picnic Basket Snatcher Yogi Bear. Was it his slurred, half sung, half spoken speech? Was is his uncanny knack for ever eluding The Ranger? Perhaps it was his unabashed manner of swiping picnic baskets from frightened vacationers while wearing not but a hat and tie. Ahh--I still love a confident man today...

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

Oh? hum? is it the freckly red-headed kid from Harry Potter? I don't know his name. It is good that he is of legal age, now you can pounce on him and his magic wizard's wand.

snarkishly,
Beast

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Beast, as I have said before I can not give you his name or likeness! Can you imagine the fanfare if it got out! UNDER AGE WIZARD DATES SEA CREATURE FROM THE DEEP! Ours is a magical relationship based on love and a deep affection of choose your own adventure books. I have to say this it is the closest I will ever get to the alter ( can you see me in a wedding dress, I weigh in at 2467 pound!)or any type of legal ramification of love. I do hope the pinneped supply holds up so do not accidently gobble my young wizard!

As always
Princess Shark

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Monkey said...

UNDER AGE WIZARD DATES SEA CREATURE FROM THE DEEP!

I want to see this. It will be like Mary Kay LeTourneau, with a twist.

Beast: yes, yes, the women who fall for assclowns and the assclowns that abuse them, or some such thing. But why has Heathcliff lasted through the ages as a romantic figure???????? (sorry this perturbs me greatly)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

poor shark! Shark's heart yearns for a deep committed love. Well, maybe you can forsake love like me.
On a funnier note I took an ayurveda quiz, it is suppose to let you know what you should eat for your body type, and any way one of the questioned asked, "do you ever feel asexual or disinterested? and at this moment in my life I actually clicked yes. Asexual? My God, what has been happening to me! Robots are asexual! Guppies are asexual! Not Beast. Where are you Sebastian! Alright, I know where you are, on the fucking East Coast. I believe he is the only man right now who has the power to get me out of my asexual slump.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

Monkey,
These are my musings on Heathcliff:
Women love a 19th century metrosexual.
Coiffed hair and bad British teeth are perennially fashionable.
And who doesn't love the smell of the moors on their man.
Throw in some horse dung and blood pudding and you have a love affair to last the ages

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I sorry but is Mr. Junger from the swiss alps, has he bitten the heads off any young children? You can do better Beast! Come with me to London this fall( The water is to die for) we shall feast on British men.

Hello Monkey.
I agree with you about the Heathcliff, he is so afterschool special Dad with a drug problem. He is the Andrew Dice Clay of cartoon comic cats. I can see him getting married to that Kathy chick, the middle aged comic strip non diva. Can't you see Kathy making him eggs as he yells at her and makes crude jokes about her large thighs and the whole time she is thinking I should have gone on that blind date with that Garfield fella.

Happy hunting Monkey!

Love
Princess Shark

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Monkey said...

Princess Shark ~ I love you. Yes, I do. That is the best summing up of Heathcliff I have ever heard.

And Beast, I like the smell of dung as much as the next monkey... but it didn't work for me with Heathcliff.

This was fun. Can we do it again soon?

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

Of course we can do it again. It can be a Mad Hatter soiree or tea party. A beastly party comprising of a Monkey, Crocodile, Shark and shall we throw in a Dragon? Uh, let me deliberate on that one.
Monkey, I am glad you like my friend Princess Shark. She is often my alibi, when I am out and about town devouring svelte, blonde, silicon bursting, modern Zeppelin's called "air heads". There are tons of them here in Southern Cal.
Whose bringing the cucumber sandwiches?
And the wench's Ale?

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Thank you for love Monkey! Love and water help keep me afloat.

A tea party sounds like a magical idea, does anybody mind if I bring my wizard?

Happy Friday to you all!

Love, Princess Shark

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

And a happy friday to you Princess Shark! Good morning to all! My morning, and unfortunately afternoon will be spent at a desk so I don't know how "good" it will be. I am at work. How did this happen?

Sincerely,
HRH Hp

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hmmm, HRH? Do we have royalty among us? Please explain HRH HP, who are you, Where do you hail from? Do you have a political agenda( I hope that you are for the Kyoto treaty, because my water supply is looking pretty skanky)or perhaps you are a king or queen in name only?

Peace be with you, your highness

Princess Shark

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

Yes, HRH, pray come clean, who are you?Beast is curious! And when Beast gets curious, Beast always gets hungry. When Beast is hungry, well, you can fill in the rest.

Are you a Prince or a Princess? Pray tell, I just love gossip.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Fair Princess Shark, Omnipotent Beast, who I am is far less as important as what I represent. I represent freedom. Freedom from the mundane. Freedom from silence, freedom from 9 to 5 jobs that have been marketed in away that suggests they keep us free, but in reality they exist to keep us in shackles. I represent freedom from limitations imposed upon us by non-believers, group-thinkers, Republicans and other unsavory characters. In other words, yes...I'm that type of Royal.
Beast, you inquired if I were a Prince or a Princess. I will have you know that I am the more powerfull of the two. Does that suffice?

Cheers for now dear friends, and whatever you do, always remember:
Draco dormiens nunquam Titillandus.

HRH HP

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger The Impeccable Beast said...

Oh, HPH i am in love with you already. You are my kind of person. Beast will not eat you. I believe my friend Princess Shark and Monkey will like you too!

You are invited to our Mad Hatter tea party. Please bring almond cookies. I just love almond cookies.

Oh, Princess Shark--you can bring your wizard boy toy.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home